Friday, November 4, 2011

Troubleshooting *Felicity* Shoes and HUDs


These are the most commonly asked questions about *Felicity* shoes and stilettos regarding fittings and HUD usage...well, some have only been asked once.  Some I even came up with myself!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KNOWN SL ISSUES:

*  Blurry Prims/Prims Not Fully Rezzed:  One of the problems with sculpted prims.  To resolve:
    - Go to Edit (top menu bar of your screen) -> Preferences -> Graphics -> Check Custom -> Mesh Detail: Objects -> Slide the bar to the high end.
    - Go to the Advanced Menu (top menu bar of your screen) (If you do not have the Advanced option, CTRL-ALT-D will make it available.) -> Debug Settings -> type "rendervolumeLODFactor" in the space -> Set the value to 4.00

*  Feet or toes look over exposed or "bleached."  Check your face/body lights.  Unlike our regular avatars, the feet and toes are prims and will show light differently than the regular avatar skin.  Either remove or turn down the lighting on the face/body lights.  Local lighting may also change the appearance of the color.  (Such as lamp, spotlights, other peoples face/body lights, candles, fireplaces, etc.)

*  "My toes are lighter than my feet, and I'm not wearing a face/body light."  Please read the known issue above.  Local lighting may also change the appearance of the color.  Look for fire/flames with lighting.  Is there someone else nearby who has on a spotlight?  Also remember, that everyone's monitors and settings are different.

*  Scripts don't work:  Make sure you are in a region/sim/parcel that allows scripts.  Land is sometimes set to only allow group members or owners use scripted objects.

*  "I click the skin HUD, but my skin color doesn't change."  Please read the HUD instructions.  (There is a HUD instruction listing on this blog, or read the instructions in the notecard that came with the shoes.)  Clicking on "Set Color" without changing the color just keeps it at the same color :)

*  "I have invisible legs!"  Remember all avatar sizing is different.  If there are invisible spots, the shoes will need to be re-positioned higher.   If your viewer allows the alpha layer invisi foot, please wear it.  The Invisi Foot prims will not need to be worn.  If you need to wear the Invisi Foot Prims (shows as box icon in inventory), they should be lowered and/or resized.  The prims are modifiable.  I highly recommend using the alpha layer invisi foot.

*  "My legs spill over the tops!"  The shoes have a resizer script.  This means you can make them larger.  Please make a back up first.  They will most likely need to be re-positioned on your legs.  Some older prim shoes do not have the resizer.  If you need a copy with the single script resizer, please send me a notecard with the shoe style and color.

*  "I can see my regular avatar toes in front of the shoes!"  If your viewer allows you to wear the alpha layer *Felicity* Invisi Feet (Replaces Invisi Prims for SL V2), please wear it.  If your viewer does not allow it, you will need to reposition the invisi prims on both feet.  Right Click your foot (the invisi prims will highlight) -> edit -> use the arrows to reposition.

*  The shoe straps are sinking into my legs, and they were fine when I first got them!!! :("  This has happened to me too.  Check your clothing on your pants layer.  Even though many skirt glitch pants may be short, the actual pants may have a longer length.  Right click your avatar -> Appearance -> Select "Pants".  Using the slider, slide the number down.  When this happened to me, my pants length was 100 even though it was a mini skirt.  I changed it to 30, and no more circulation loss around my ankles :)  And when this happened to me again, no one else could see it except me.  Must be one of those SL mysteries!  (Most likely it's my computer.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Felicity - Shoes and Stilettos Main Blog:  http://felicityoverlord.blogspot.com/

Felicity Main Store: Felicity at Emerald Bay
List of items, shoes, stilettos, high heels, and ladies footwear at this location:  http://world.secondlife.com/place/96d4ac5a-8047-eca2-bcae-1d6d12758c75

Other Felicity Location:

Felicity (Shoes) at Taeniatum (My small store with a limited amount of shoes and stilettos, but the newest footwear can be found here as well as the other locations.)
Click to see the current shoes, stilettos, and high heels inventory at this location:  http://world.secondlife.com/place/45af4a8f-dde5-f210-202c-4a8a1a188e6e